Turkey-Cheddar Burgers (#1213)
Burgers Sandwiches Beef Poultry
Share This Recipe
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium Onions peeled, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and minced, divided
- 1 pound Ground Turkey lean
- 1 Lemon Zest grated
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves chopped fresh
- 1 tsp Sage Leaves dried, crushed
- 1/2 tsp Thyme dried, crushed
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 4 thin slices Cheddar Cheese low fat
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a small skillet, add the onion and 1 clove minced garlic.
- Sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the onion mixture with the ground turkey, lemon peel, parsley, sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Divide into quarters.
- Break the cheese slices in half and force 2 into the center of each section of turkey.
- Flatten and refrigerate until ready to use.
- (the cheese can also be put on top of the burgers when cooked.)
- Stir together the remaining tablespoon olive oil and minced clove of garlic.
- Brush on one side of each bun.
- Broil or grill the burgers on a lightly oiled rack until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear.
- Place the buns cut side down around the edge of the grill to toast lightly, or toast under a hot broiler.
- Place each burger on a bun and serve with condiments.