Brussels Sprouts and Mushroom Frittata (#1211)
Share This Recipe
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 1 small Onions finely chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms button or cremini, thinly sliced
- 2 cup Brussels Sprouts ends and outer layers removed, thinly sliced
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper ground
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Low-Fat Milk
- 2 slices Swiss Cheese chop into pieces
- In a medium nonstick skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add the onions, and cook unit soft, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushroom, stirring occasionally, and cook until mushrooms are soft, another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the brussels sprouts, and cook for another 2 minutes or so until sprouts are softened and become brightly green.
- Mix in the scallions. Season with salt and black pepper.
- While you're cooking the vegetables, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk until foamy and well mixed. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Stir in the cheese pieces.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, spread the veggies evenly in the skillet.
- Drizzle remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil along the side of the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture all over the veggies, and cook over medium to medium-low heat for about 4 minutes until it sets.
- Meanwhile preheat the broiler.
- Once the egg mixture has set, place the skillet underneath the broiler, and keep cooking until the top becomes firm to touch, golden and brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the pan with a kitchen towel or an oven mitt, and be cautious that the handle of the pan is hot. So leave the towel or oven mitt around the handle to remind you that it's hot.
- Run the edges of the frittata with a rubber spatula.
- Invert it onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm.