Homemade Steamed Sponge Cake (#1201)
Share This Recipe
- 30 grams Rice Flour
- 100 grams Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 whole Eggs
- 175 ml Molasses Coconut
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 50 ml Water
- Sift the flour. In a mixing bowl combine sifted flour, sugar, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs until foamy. Next slowly add egg mixture to the flour mixture. Mix well.
- Now add coconut treacle (treacle is a coconut liquid, it’s brown in color and similar to molasses), cinnamon and water. Whisk until the batter is smooth. Cover the batter and allow to rest 30 minutes.
- Next pour the batter into a 6 inch round pan lined with oil or parchment paper. Now place the cake into a steamer. Close the lid and steam the cake for 40 minutes (high heat). During this period, do not open the lid. After 40 minutes test cake by inserting a toothpick. It is done if the toothpick comes out clean and dry.
- When cake is cooked, remove from pan and place in dish.
- Serve hot or cool.
- See my website www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com