Frozen Peach Yogurt (#1197)
Appetizers Desserts Snacks
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Peaches ripe
- 1 medium Bananas
- 1 1/2 cups Low-Fat Yogurt plain
- 1/4 cup Clover Honey
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Fill a bowl with ice and water.
- When the water comes to a boil, drop in the peaches and count to 30.
- Remove from the water and transfer directly to the ice water.
- Allow to cool for about a minute, then peel off the skin.
- Dice the peaches, and discard the pits.
- Place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Slice the banana, and place in the bag with the peaches.
- Freeze overnight.
- Chill a one-quart container in the freezer.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, mix together the yogurt, honey and vanilla extract. Remove the frozen fruit from the freezer.
- Break up the peaches if they have frozen into a lump.
- Place the frozen fruit in the food processor, and pulse until it has broken up in the yogurt.
- Turn on the food processor, and process until the mixture is smooth, stopping the machine from time to time to make sure there are no big lumps.
- If there are, pulse to break up the lumps, and then continue to process the mixture until smooth.
- Scrape out of the food processor into the chilled container, and freeze for two hours for soft-serve frozen yogurt or four hours or longer for solid frozen yogurt.
- Allow to soften for 15 to 30 minutes in the refrigerator before scooping.