Red Pepper, Green Onions and Cheddar Cheese Frittata (#1196)
Share This Recipe
- 8 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Oregano freshly finely chopped, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil or other vegetable oil
- 1 cup Sweet Red Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 bunch Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and scallions and cook, stirring constantly, until the scallions are just wilted, 2 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dot the top of the frittata with cheese, transfer the pan to the oven and broil until puffy and lightly golden on top, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving.