Tomato Lace Quiche (#1195)
Lunch Main Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Rice cooked
- 1 Eggs beaten
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 1 tsp Butter or margarine
- 1 cup Tomatoes peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup Swiss Cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese grated
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk skim
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese (Low-Fat 1%)
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs or 1/2 t each of oregano and basil
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper coarsely ground
- Preheat oven to 425° f (220° c).
- In bowl, combine rice, egg and parmesan.
- Press firmly into deep (10-inch) quiche dish or pie pan to form a crust.
- Bake 3-minutes. Remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° f (180° c).
- In skillet, sauté onion in butter, stirring until onion is soft. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato and cheeses. Spoon mixture into rice crust.
- In large bowl beat together remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into rice crust.
- Bake 35 minutes or until just set.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then slice to serve.