Sausage Cacciatore (#1193)
Pastas Italian Pork Sausage
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Hot Italian Sausages or sweet, bulk meat (no casings)
- 2 large Green Bell Peppers or red, sliced
- 1 medium Onions chopped
- 10 oz Mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Basil chopped fresh
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (optional) if using sweet sausage
- 1 pound Pasta hot cooked, any
- If using link sausage, remove casings and cut into small chunks.
- Heat large skillet over medium; fry sausage meat until just browned, about 5 minutes, turning to brown evenly; drain off fat.
- Add all vegetable and garlic; cover and cook over medium-low heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and tomato sauce; cover and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.