Asparagus Omelette (#1192)
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 pound Asparagus trimmed
- 2 tsp Butter or other vegetable oil, or butter
- 1 small Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 pound Mushrooms sliced
- 4 large Eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Basil fresh, chopped or 1/4 ts dried
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Cut asparagus in 1 inch pieces; steam or cook in boiling salted water until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Drain thoroughly. Rinse with cold water to prevent over-cooking.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in 8 inch skillet, preferably one with non-stick lining; sauté garlic and mushrooms until done and moisture has evaporated. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt, basil and pepper.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet until foamy, swirling it around pan to coat evenly.
- When hot enough that a drop of water sizzles when dropped in, pour in egg mixture.
- Tip pan so eggs coat skillet evenly. As eggs cook, periodically lift up cooked edges, tilt pan and let uncooked egg run underneath.
- When eggs are cooked, but surface is still shiny, place asparagus and mushrooms on one side; slide out of pan, folding side without vegetables over top.
- Serve immediately.