Apple Pie - French *Low-Fat* (#1191)
Desserts Pies Low Fat
Share This Recipe
- 1 package Pie Shell (9 Inch) light and flaky
- 1 1/2 cups Applesauce thick, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 tablespoons Apple Brandy optional
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Lemon Zest grated, rind only
- 3 medium Apples tart, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Apricot Preserves (Jam)
- Prepare and bake crust according to recipe instructions. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c). In a 2 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, simmer applesauce, honey, brandy if desired, vanilla and lemon rind until quite thick, about 10 to 15 minutes. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Arrange apples in concentric circles on top of sauce.
- In a 1 quart saucepan over medium-high heat, melt apricot jam, then press through a sieve. Use a pastry brush to glaze apples with jam.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before slicing.
- Data per serving: 290 x calories 3 x gm protein 7 x gm fat 57 x gm carbo x gm chol 11 x mg sodium 3 x gm fiber