Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs panko, plain (do not use seasoned bread crumbs as it will change the flavor of the sauce)
- 1 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil or vegetable oil
- 4 Pork Cutlets, Lean or center-cut loin chops, pounded very thin
- 1 Eggs beaten well
- 1 medium Onions diced
- 8 oz Button Mushrooms or cremini, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Beef Bouillon Cubes
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Light Sour Cream or fat free
- 3 drops Browning Sauce Gravy Master or Kitchen Bouquet (optional, if a darker sauce is desired)
- In a shallow bowl, mix the bread crumbs and flour; season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Place egg in another shallow bowl and beat well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Dip pork cutlets in egg, draining off excess, then coat well with the bread crumb mixture, pressing in to make sure it adheres. Sauté breaded pork in hot oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Remove to serving platter and keep warm in a low oven.
- Add onion and mushrooms to the same skillet and sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Pour in the water and dissolve the bouillon cube. Reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes (most of the liquid will have evaporated).
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, stir together the cornstarch, sour cream and browning sauce (if using). Stir mixture into the simmering mixture in skillet and cook over low heat until the sauce is thickened, but do not let boil.
- Remove pork cutlets from oven and spoon some of the sauce over. Serve the remaining sauce in a gravy boat and pass around.