Sopa De Lima (Tomato, Lime, and Tortilla Soup) (#1175)
Soups Mexican Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Onions chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic pressed
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Green Chili Peppers minced
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp Oregano dried
- 3 1/2 cups Tomatoes chopped, fresh
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- 1 Salt to taste
- In a medium soup pot, sauté the onions and garlic in the oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chiles, cumin, and oregano, and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Cover the pot and cook gently until the tomatoes begin to release their juices.
- Stir occasionally.
- This will take longer with winter tomatoes than with summer ones.
- Add the stock and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and salt to taste.
- Sever topped with crumbled tortilla chips.
- Garnish with finely chopped cilantro, if desired.