Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes (#1174)
Share This Recipe
- 3/4 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 3/4 cup Milk nonfat
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 cups Blueberries divided
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup real
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the buttermilk, non-fat milk, honey, eggs, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing only enough to combine them.
- Stir in 1 cup of berries.
- Preheat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over a medium flame.
- Ladle the batter onto the skillet with a 1/4 cup measure.
- Flip the pancake when it is golden brown on the bottom and bubbles are forming on top, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cook the other side until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Serve topped with more blueberries and the maple syrup.