Mexican Grilled Cheese (#1171)
Sandwiches Mexican Dinner Lunch Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 slices Whole Wheat Bread sandwich bread, or multigrain,
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Salsa any your favorite flavor
- 1 Tbsp Pickled Jalapenos rings, or as needed
- 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter for frying
- Place one slice of bread on a cutting board.
- Spread the cheese over the bread evenly, then salsa over the cheese, picked jalapeno rings over the salsa.
- Place the remaining slice of bread on top to make a sandwich.
- Heat the butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until butter melts.
- Place the sandwich into the pan, and cook until the bottom bread becomes golden, brown and crispy, and cheese melts, about 4 minutes.
- Carefully flip the sandwich over to the other side with a rubber spatular.
- You may need to lower the heat if your pan is getting too hot.
- Cook the other side until golden and brown, another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer onto a serving plate, slice in to half and serve warm.