Baked Pumpkin Donuts (#1167)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice or a bit more, if desired
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Pumpkin Purée (Canned)
- 2 Eggs extra large
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine, melted, cooled
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Water or milk, if needed to thin to desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 325° f (160° c). Line a large sheet pan with waxed paper or parchment and set a rack on top; set aside. Lightly grease donut pan(s) for 12 donuts.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking soda. Add pumpkin purée, eggs, milk and softened butter. Beat with hand mixer on low or by hand with a wooden spoon or spatula until combined into a batter.
- Fill prepared donut pan(s) with the batter using a pastry bag or a standard ice cream scoop (open up a hole in the middle of each dollop using slightly wet finger). Smooth tops, if necessary.
- Bake in preheated oven until donuts spring back when lightly touched, 9 to 11 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, make the glaze by combining all ingredients with a whisk until smooth; cover and set aside.
- Dip warm donuts in the glaze and let any excess glaze drip back into the bowl before placing glazed donuts on prepared rack/sheet pan to cool and set glaze.