Roast Pork with Apple Topping (#1159)
Share This Recipe
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 3/4 tsp Salt divided
- 1 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp Caraway Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sage
- 1 Pork Loin Roast 4 to 5 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups Applesauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 tsp Mace ground
- In a small bowl, combine flour, 1 to 1/2 teaspoons salt, mustard, caraway, sugar, pepper and sage; rub over roast.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place on a greased baking rack, fat side up, in a roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 325 for 1 hour.
- Combine applesauce, brown sugar, mace, and remaining salt.
- Mix well. Spread over roast.
- Roast 1 hour longer or until the internal temperature reaches 160 to 170.
- Let stand 15 mintues before slicing.