Baby Shanghai Bok Choy with Sesame (#1158)
Asian Chinese Side
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Water or stock
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper optional
- 2 tsp Peanut Oil or vegetable oil
- 8 oz Bok Choy baby Shanghai
- 1 tsp Peanut Oil or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Ginger fresh, grated with a microplane or minced
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced, save a small amount for garnish
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds toasted
- Mix together the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, water sesame oil and pinch of cayenne in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat until just beginning to smoke. Place the baby bok choy, cut side down in the skillet and let it sit undisturbed for 2 minutes. Turn over the baby bok choy and cook 1 more minute. Set aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining one teaspoon of oil to the skillet, along with the garlic, ginger and green onions. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the sauce mixture and cook stirring for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- Return the baby bok choy to the skillet and toss to coat and re-heat.
- Arrange on a serving platter, sprinkle with sesame seeds and any remaining green onion.
- Can be served over some steamed rice to soak up the flavorful sauce.