Quinoa and Edamame Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato and Olives (#1155)
Salads Main Gluten Free Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Beans edamame (soy beans)
- 1 cup Quinoa rinsed well
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil or canola oil
- 1 clove Garlic or as needed, minced
- 2 cups Corn fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes oil packed, drained and sliced
- 1 cup Peas, Frozen or fresh, blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes
- 1/4 cup Black Olives cored and roughly chopped
- 1 Cucumbers peeled or not, cubed
- 1 small Sweet Red Bell Peppers diced
- 1 small Green Bell Peppers diced
- 1/4 cup Artichoke Hearts quartered
- 1/2 Red Onion chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley Leaves freshly chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, cook the edamame for about 8 minutes, rinse under cold water, and shell the edamame. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile toast quinoa in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring often, about 8 minutes. Transfer into the same mixing bowl.
- Add toasted quinoa and water in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low to maintain a gentle simmer, cover and cook until the water has been absorbed, 15 minutes, remove from the heat, and let sit for another 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork. Set aside and let cool.
- Heat the olive oil in the same medium nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, stirring constantly, and cook for about 40 seconds until very fragrant.
- Add the corn, stirring often, toast the corn for about 10 minutes until the corn turn into brown in spots. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In the large mixing bowl with the edamame, add the quinoa, toasted corn, sun-dried tomatoes, blanched peas, black olives, cucumber, bell peppers, artichoke hearts, red onion, parsley, and feta cheese.
- Add the olive oil and lemon juice, mix until well combined and coated.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve or put in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight, the flavor will be even better.