Turkey Leftover Soup (#1151)
Share This Recipe
- 6 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Rice
- 1/4 cup Wild Rice
- 1 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Turkey cooked, cubed
- 8 slices Bacon cooked crisp, and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons Sherry
- In a large sauce pan combine chicken broth, rice and onions.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes.
- In a medium sauce pan or skillet melt butter.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper, cook 1 minute stirring until smooth and bubbly.
- Slowly stir in the milk and cook until slightly thickened.
- Slowly stir the milk mixture into the rice mixture, add remaining ingredients and heat gently, do not boil.