Jamie Oliver Baked Carrots (#1149)
Share This Recipe
- 1 pound Carrots
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled, whole smashed
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- This is a very easy way to make carrots for a holiday side dish or anytime you want to keep cleanup to a minimum. Instead of a baking dish this recipe uses a foil packet for truly instant tidy up.
- Preheat the oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Peel or scrub the carrots.
- Use a sheet of aluminum foil for the baking "dish", pull out about twice as much so you can fold it over to enclose the carrots in a packet.
- Place the prepared carrots in the middle of one half of the foil.
- Add the garlic, tucking under the carrots.
- Sprinkle the cumin over the top, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Dot with knobs of butter.
- Fold up two of the edges of the foil (folding several times) leaving one end of the foil packet open.
- Add the white wine (or vermouth) into the open end and seal it up by folding over several times.
- Pop it into the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Be careful opening the foil to avoid burning yourself due to the buildup of steam.
- Serve in the foil or transfer to a serving platter.