Minted Edamame Roasted Tomato Canapes (#1148)
Appetizers Snacks Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 500 grams Beans frozen soy beans, 1 pound, or 1 1/4 cups, or sub. lima beans
- 1/3 cup Mint Leaves freshly shredded, packed
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 36 Whole Wheat Crackers or more as needed
- 1/3 cup Goat (Chevre) Cheese crumbled, or feta cheese, optional
For Oven Dried Tomatoes
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic or to your own taste, minced
- 1 pinch Salt And Black Pepper
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 pinch Sugar
- For the oven-dried tomatoes:
- Toss together tomatoes, oil, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Bake, cut-side up, on parchment papper-lined baking sheet in 300 f degrees. Oven until shrivelled and dry in centre, about 2 hours, it can be made in advance, then turn off the oven, and let tomatoes stay in the war oven overnight.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan of boiling water, cook frozen soy beans until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water, let cool.
- Rinse cooked soy beans under cold water, transfer to food processor.
- Add half of the mint, oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and reserved cooking water, purée until smooth.
- Spoon generous 1 teaspoon of purée onto each cracker, top with oven-dried tomato, remaining mint leaves, and goat or feta cheese if needed.
- Arrange on a large platter and serve.