Brandy Chops De Pere (#1146)
Pork Main Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 4 Pork Chops, Centre Cut Boneless - 1 Inch Thick
- 2 cups Baby Spinach Raw/Fresh Coursely Chopped
- 2 cups Chicken Broth 4 bouillon cubes in water, microwave 2 - 3 min
- 2 cups Egg Noodles Use No-Yoke for low cholesterol fat free.
- 1/2 cup Brandy
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream Use fat-free/lite for low-fat.
- 1/4 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions Or shallots. Coursely chopped.
- 2 tablespoons Butter Use Smart Balance for low-fat, trans fat free.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil Use Enova for lowest fat.
- 2 tablespoons Chives Freeze dried chopped.
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese Optional - as topping - if desired.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees, spread olive oil in bottom of cake pan or large ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle chives into oil, place pan in oven. Melt butter in 12 inch skillet with high sides, medium high heat. Add onions, 1/2 of the brandy, and chops to skillet. Cover and cook until lightly browned. Turn and add salt and garlic to top of chops. Cook until 90% done and bottom is lightly browned. Remove chops from skillet and place them in the pan (or dish) in the oven, garlic side up to keep them warm until serving. Add chicken broth, spinach, remainder of brandy and egg noodles to skillet. Cover and cook over medium high heat until gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes until noodles are al dente. Stir in sour creme. Pour mixture over chops and serve. Add the parmesan or romano cheese as a topping if desired.