Chocolate, Coconut and Pecan Meringue Bites (#1144)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts Christmas Holidays Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 3 large Egg Whites at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 oz Chocolate unsweetened, melted
- 3/4 cup Shredded Desiccated Coconut sweetened
- 1 cup Pecans finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar for dusting, optional
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of oven, preheat to 350°f.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper, baking mats or coat with cooking spray.
- Beat egg whites and salt in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until soft peaks form, 4 to 6 minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold melted chocolate, coconut and pecans into the egg whites until no white streaks remain.
- Drop 2 teaspoons of batter per cookie about 1 inch apart onto the prepared baking sheets, fitting about 30 cookies per sheet.
- Make about 60 cookies.
- Bake until set, about 11 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave the macaroons inside the oven with the door slightly ajar for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar just before serving if needed.