Pasta with Spicy Pea Sauce (#1143)
Pastas Main Low Fat Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup Yellow Split Peas
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onions choppped
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Coriander ground
- 1/2 tsp Allspice ground
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound Fettuccine dry, or 3/4 pound fresh
- 1 Cilantro for garnish
- Place the peas in a large pan. Cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and boil, uncovered for 25 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the spices, stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add the well drained peas, lemon juice and rind.
- Stir to combine and cook over a low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta in a large quantity of boiling water until just tender. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- If the pea sauce seems too dry, add some pasta water to desired consistency, and mix well.
- Drain the pasta and place on a large serving plate.
- Pour sauce over the pasta and garnish with the coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately.