German Potato Salad (#1141)
Salads German Side
Share This Recipe
- 8 medium Potatoes
- 6 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions white part, and some green, chopped
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Celery Seeds
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper freshly ground, to taste
- 1/2 cup Light Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Dill Weed minced fresh
- In boiling water over medium heat, cook potatoes in their skins until tender, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and dry over low heat in same pan.
- While still warm, peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In a saucepan, combine green onions, broth, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds and salt and pepper to taste; simmer 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in sour cream, mixing well.
- Pour dressing over warm potatoes and mix gently.
- Sprinkle dill on top of salad and serve at room temperature.