Meditteranean Chickpea Salad (#1135)
Appetizers Snacks Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
Mediterranean Chickenpea Salad
- 28 oz Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) drained and rinsed, 2 cans
- 1/2 small Red Onion very finely minced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives pitted, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parsley Leaves flat, chopped
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil or to taste
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
Homemade Pita Chips
- 3 whole Pita Bread cut into eights and slpit
- 1 Cumin groud, to taste
- 1 Coriander ground, to taste
- 1 Paprika to taste
- 1 Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1 Olive Oil as needed
- 1 Salt to taste
- Mediterranean chickpea salad:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- If serving as more of a dip or spread, mash it up until you get the desired consistency.
- Homemade pita chips:
- Preheat oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Toss the pita slices with the spices, to taste (remember that the cayenne pepper is very spicy, so use less than the others).
- Toss with enough olive oil to coat.
- Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until golden and crispy.