Deluxe Chicken Supper (#1128)
Casseroles Chicken Main
Share This Recipe
- 3 slices Bacon
- 1/4 cup Onions chopped
- 1/2 cup Celery chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Peppers chopped
- 4 oz Canned Mushrooms sliced, drained
- 10 1/2 oz Cream Of Celery Soup condensed
- 1 cup Sour Cream dairy
- 3 cups Chicken cooked, cubed
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 2 cups Biscuit Baking Mix (Bisquick)
- 2 large Eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Pimentos chopped, or red bell pepper
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sauté onion, celery, green pepper and mushrooms in bacon dripping until tender.
- Do not brown.
- Combine soup and sour cream in a bowl.
- Add chicken, salt, worcestershire sauce, pepper, 1 tablespoon milk, bacon, and sautéed vegetables; mix well.
- Turn into a 2 quart greased casserole.
- Combine biscuit mix, eggs, 1/2 cup milk, pimentos, and cheese; mix until just blended.
- Drop by spoonfuls on top of chicken mixture.
- Bake in moderate oven, 350 degrees, for 45 minutes or until biscuits are golden.