Sichuan Stir-Fried Vegetables with Noodles (#1124)
Pastas Stir Fries Main Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Spaghetti prefer whole wheat
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Hot Chili Pepper Oil sichuan
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil or olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 inch Ginger freshly minced
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions sliced, plus more for serving
- 1/2 Green Bell Peppers slicied
- 1/2 Sweet Red Bell Peppers sliced
- 1 cup Carrots peeled and chop into matchsticks
- 4 oz Tofu smoked, thinly sliced, or firm tofu, cooked in pan with a bit oil until all sides are browned and crusted
- 2 large Eggs pan pan-fried, for serving, optional
- 1 Tbsp Tamari Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar or to taste
- 1 Tbsp Hot Chili Pepper Oil sichuan, or to taste
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook the spaghetti for about 12 minutes or desired consistency.
- Drain and toss with 1/2 teaspoon each sesame oil and hot chili pepper oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring frequently, and cook for about 1 minute until very fragrant.
- Stir in bell peppers, carrots and tofu if using, and cook for about 3 minutes, until veggies become tender but still crispy.
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Add the noodles into the pan, and pour the sauce over.
- Toss until well mixed, and cook for another 2 minutes, until heated through.
- Divide among serving plates, sprinkle with scallions and top with pan-fried egg if desired.
- Serve warm.