Classic Pineapple Upside-Down Cake (#1123)
Share This Recipe
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 10 maraschino Cherries
- 10 slices Pineapple
- 1 yellow Cake Mix
- Drain pineapple; reserve 3/4 cup juice.
- Stir together melted margarine and brown sugar in 12-inch skillet with heat-proof handle. Arrange pineapple in sugar mixture. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, replacing water with reserved 3/4 cup juice. Pour batter evenly over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° f (180° c), 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes. Loosen edges and invert onto serving platter.
- Note: Cake can be baked in 13x9-inch baking pan instead of skillet. Prepare and assemble cake as above except cut two pineapple slices in half and place whole slices along edges of pan and halved slices in center. Place cherries in center of slices. Bake and cool as above.
- Makes 10 servings
- This recipe created by dole foods.