Mini Quinoa Pancakes with Lemon Yogurt Sauce (#1118)
Appetizers Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups Stock vegetable
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil or other vegetable oil
- 1/2 Onions chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced, or as needed
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper or to taste
- 3 cups Spinach fresh and tough stems trimmed
- 3 large Eggs
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Zest grated
- 1 Tbsp Pine Nuts toasted, or sesame seeds
Lemon Yogurt Sauce
- 1 2/3 cups Plain Yogurt prefer low-fat
- 1/2 cup Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice prefer fresh
- 1 pinch Salt And Black Pepper
- In fine sieve, rinse quinoa under cold water, drain well.
- In saucepan, bring quinoa, broth and 1 1/2 cups water to boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Drain in fine sieve, set aside and let cool completely in sieve.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook, stirring, until wiled and no liquid remains, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let cool enough to handle, coarsely chop the spinach.
- For the lemon yogurt sauce:
- Combine together yogurt, onions, lemon juice, salt and pepper, stir well.
- Put in refrigerator.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, parmesan cheese, flour, baking powder and lemon zest.
- Fold in quinoa and spinach.
- With wet hands, form into about 16 mini pancakes.
- Transfer to waxed papper-lined tray. Keep refrigerating for at least 1 hour.
- In skillet, heat half of the remaining oil over medium high heat, fry half of the pancakes, turning once with 2 spatulas, until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Keep warm on baking sheet in 200 f degree oven.
- Repeat with remaining oil and cakes.
- Serve with lemon yogurt sauce drizzled and toasted pines sprinkled on top.