Banana Buttermilk Buckwheat Pancakes (#1117)
Share This Recipe
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 large Eggs slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons Butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 Bananas mashed, ripe
- Mix together flours, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Beat eggs in separate bowl then stir in buttermilk, milk, bananas and butter.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients stirring until blended well, do not over mix.
- Heat greased griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- For each pancake pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes until puffed bubbly and dry around edges.
- Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup or fresh fruits if desire.