Super Easy Hummus (#1115)
Dips Spreads Greek Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans) cooked or one 15-ounce can
- 1/2 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 Tbsp Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Black Pepper
- 1 Olive Oil
- 1 Paprika black olives, lemon wedges
- Drain the chick peas, reserving the liquid. Place chick peas in a processor with all the other ingredients and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Alternatively, mash the chick peas as smoothly as possible and then beat in the other ingredients to make a smoothish mixture.
- Add enough of the reserved liquid to give a light, soft consistency like softly whipped cream.
- Spoon hummus onto a plate and level it with a knife so that it is about 1/2 inch deep.
- Pour a little olive oil over the top, then sprinkle with paprika and garnish with olives and lemon wedges.