Homemade Flower Bread (#1107)
Share This Recipe
- 150 grams Bread Flour
- 6 grams Sugar
- 3 grams Active Dry Yeast
- 3 grams Salt
- 85 ml Water
- 6 grams Butter
- 1 whole Eggs
- In mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, yeast, and salt, and mix on low speed for one minute.
- Add water and 1/2 egg mix on low speed for one minute.
- Add in the butter and kneed until smooth and elastic, about 10 to 15 minutes at medium speed.
- Cover dough with towel and let it rise in a warm place until volume doubles in size.[about 35 minutes]
- Take the dough out of the bowl and roll it into a large rectangle 7×7 inch and 1/4 inch thick in size, using a rolling pin and more flour for dusting.
- Using a very sharp knife, cut dough into 1/2 inch thick strips.
- Now take 6 strips[hold them bunch] and twist both ends in the opposite direction.
- After that tuck one end under the other end and place on a greased baking tray.
- Now cover the flower bread with a tea towel and allow to relax about 30 minutes. After 30 minutes beat the remaining 1/2 egg and brush over the bread.
- Bake at 200c degree for 20 minutes.
- Serve with jam or butter. See my website www. Stellarecipe. Webs. Com www. Recipesrilanka. Blogspot. Com