Tofu, Bean Sprouts and Bell Pepper Stir-Fry (#1103)
Stir Fries Chinese Main Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Peanut Oil or other vegetabe
- 1 pound Tofu firm, pat dry and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 inch Ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions
- 1 Sweet Red Bell Peppers or any other color, or a mixture, slice into strips
- 1 cup Mung Bean Sprouts
- 1 Tbsp Vegetarian Oyster Sauce or to taste, or oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp Black Bean Sauce prefer black bean garlic sauce, optional
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro fresh, for serving
- 1 tsp Rice Vinegar fresh, for serving
- Heat a 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet or a wok over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the tofu cubes, and cook until all the sides are golden and brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the tofu cubes onto a plate. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet or wok over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, ginger and scallions, stirring constantly, and cook until very fragrant, about 40 seconds.
- Add the sweet bell pepper strips, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until the peppers start to become soft but still crispy.
- Stir in the mung bean sprouts, and cook about 2 minutes until heated through.
- Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce, black bean sauce, sesame oil and rice vinegar, and stir until mix well.
- Cook for another 2 minutes or so, you may adjust the seasonings if desired. Remove from the heat.
- Place over a bed of rice and sprinkle the cilantro on top.
- Serve warm.