Jalapeno Potato Soup (#1100)
Share This Recipe
- 1 medium Onions chopped
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 5 pounds Russet Potatoes peeled and cubed
- 8 cups Stock vegetable
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 cup Jalapeño Pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 pinch Baking Soda * see note
- 4 cups Evaporated Milk
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Sour Cream
- 1 Scallions, Spring Or Green Onions
- In a large stockpot, sauté onion in butter or margarine until just tender.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, and cumin, then cover and cook until potatoes are tender (about 20 or 30 minutes).
- Remove from heat and add jalapenos, with liquid, baking soda (to prevent curdling), and evaporated milk.
- Coarsely mash potatoes in the pot with a potato masher.
- Stir well, then season with salt and pepper. Return to heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Garnish individual servings with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of chopped green onions.
- Serves 16 to 18.