Classic Hummus (#1098)
Appetizers Dips Snacks Spreads
Share This Recipe
- 31 oz Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans)
- 1 Liquid from chickpeas
- 6 tablespoons Tahini (Sesame Paste)
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 3 large Garlic Cloves
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper freshly ground
- 1 Olive Oil
- 1 Paprika
- 1 Parsley Leaves frehs, chopped
- Combine all ingredients, except garinshes, in blender or food processor container.
- Blend to a smooth, creamy paste.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or salt to suit your taste.
- It should be the creamy consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Thin with chick pea liquid or water if necessary.
- Scrape into an attractive bowl.
- Color olive oil with a bit of paprika.
- Drizzle oil over the surface in a decorative pattern and sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with wedges of pita bread and raw vegetables.