Creamy Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Pasta (#1096)
Pastas Main Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 8 oz Pasta, Whole Wheat spaghettini or spagetti
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil divided
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 large Sweet Red Bell Peppers thinly sliced
- 1 cup Italian Plum (Roma) Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes, Or Yams shredded (about one potato)
- 1 Tbsp White Vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Tarragon Leaves fresh chopped, or basil
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Sprigs fresh, chopped
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Goat (Chevre) Cheese crumbled
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until just tender according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon of the oil and garlic in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until the the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add sweet potato, tomatoes, water and bell pepper.
- Stirring occasionally, until the pepper is tender-crisp, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and keep warm.
- Return drained pasta to the pot, add the vegetable mixture, the remaining one teaspoon of oil, vinegar (or lemon juice), herbs, salt, pepper and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Add water 2 tablespoons at a time to achieve your desired consistency.