Vegetarian Chicken Stock (#1094)
Soups Stocks Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 4 stalks Celery roughly chopped
- 6 Carrots scrubbed and roughly chopped
- 2 Onions peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Leeks light green and white parts, well washed
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled, crushed
- 4 whole Black Peppercorns
- 7 sprigs Thyme
- 7 sprigs Italian Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Paprika smoked
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Sea Salt to taste, omit for no-salt vegetarian stock
- 4 quarts Water
- Prep the celery, onions, carrot, leak and garlic and add to a large stockpot.
- Add the thyme, parsley, bay leaves, peppercorns and cover with about 16 to 18 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and continue simmering for about 2 hours.
- Turn off heat and add the smoked paprika and turmeric. Allow to cool.
- Pour into a large stainer lined with cheesecloth or a fine-meshed sieve. Press the vegetables to extra the most liquid that you can. Discard the spent solids.
- Use as needed, will keep well refrigerated for a couple of days. Or… freeze as desired.
- We pour the stock into ice cube trays and freeze into stock cubes. Then place the ice cubes into a large zipper bag and store in the freezer. That way we can handily access as much or as little stock as needed.
- A large variety of smoked paprika can be order from amazon.