Spicy Lentil Burgers (#1090)
Burgers Beef Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 large Onions finely chopped
- 2 Carrots finely chopped
- 1 Celery Stalks finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large Garlic Cloves crushed
- 1 cup Lentils green or brown, cooked and well drained
- 1/2 tsp Cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp Coriander ground
- 6 tsp Cilantro freshly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 large Eggs well beaten
- 1 Black Pepper
- 1 All-Purpose Flour
- Sauté the onion, carrot and celery in oil in a large saucepan for 10 minutes until soft and lightly browned, stirring from time to time.
- Add the garlic, lentils, cumin, coriander, cilantro and lemon juice.
- Purée in a processor until the mixture holds together. Season with pepper.
- Stir in eggs, and mix until well combined.
- With floured hands, shape the mixture in 10 to 12 flat burgers, using a palet knife. Coat the burgers with flour.
- Sauté the burgers in shallow oil until crisp and browned, turning them over carefully to cook the second side, about 8 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and serve garnished with watercress and tomatoes.
- Or place on top of toasted hamburger bun, spread some chutney, and top with the other half bun.
- Serve warm.