Cheesy Roasted Vegetable Tart (#1089)
Snacks Tarts Main Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
For The Filling
- 2 Leeks large, or 3 medium, white and light green parts only, coarsely chopped and rinsed
- 1 1/4 pounds Broccoli Florets or Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 large Fennel Bulb 0r 2 small, cored and lengthwise thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Garlic 1 head, cut off the top part a little
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary Leaves freshly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Goat (Chevre) Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
1/3 Cup Black Olive Paste(Recipe Is Below)
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives pitted
- 1 clove Garlic peeled, or more to taste
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice more or less to taste
For The Crust
- 1 1/4 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, Reduced-Fat shredded
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter cold, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 1/4 tablespoons Water iced
- Preheat oven to 400°f.
- For the filling:
- Mix leeks, broccoli (or brussels sprouts), fennel, head of garlic and onion in a large bowl, season with rosemary, salt and pepper, toss with olive oil.
- Spread mixed vegetables single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring every 15 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the garlic is soft, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, set aside the garlic, and toss the vegetables with vinegar.
- Let cool.
- For the crust:
- Coat an 8-by-12-inch rectangular or 11-inch round removable-bottom tart pan with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, cheddar and cornmeal well in a large bowl.
- Add butter one piece at a time, go on mixing until incorporated.
- Add oil and water and mix just until the dough starts to come together.
- Turn the dough out into the prepared pan (it will be crumbly), spread evenly and press firmly into the bottom and all the way up the sides to form a crust.
- Refrigerate until ready to bake.
- When the vegetables are done, reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Bake the crust until set but not browned, about 18 minutes.
- Place the tart pan on a baking sheet.
- Spread black olive paste over the bottom of the crust.
- Top with the roasted vegetables.
- Squeeze out the cloves onto the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
- Bake the tart until the edges are golden brown, about 28 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing the pan.
- Cut into 8 pieces and serve warm.