Leftover Mashed Potato Supreme (#1086)
Christmas Holidays Side Vegetarian
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Mashed Potatoes leftover
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp Capers drained
- 2 tablespoons Parsley Leaves finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 Salt to taste
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 to 450f and/or warm up the broiler.
- Warm up the mashed potatoes either in a pot or microwave for a few minutes.
- Whip with a fork vigorously or for extra fluffy results beat them with a hand mixer or stand mixer. Add the milk as needed if they are a bit dry.
- Using a piping bag with a large star tip or if you don't have a piping bag arrange the whipped potatoes as desired in a broiler safe dish. An oval gratin dish works best and is most classic for presentation at the table.
- Bake and/or broil until the potatoes are golden brown on the top. If using the broiler make certain to pay attention and not let them burn!
- Meanwhile prepare the drizzle.
- In a small sauce-pan gently heat the olive oil over low heat. Add the garlic and let it sweat for several minutes.
- Increase the heat to med-low and add the vinegar and capers (if using them) for one or two minutes.
- Turn off the heat and the drizzle will keep warm.
- Once the potatoes nicely browned, remove from the oven and drizzle the dressing from the saucepan over the top.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve.