Singing Hinnies (#1085)
Share This Recipe
- 4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cream Of Tartar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Lard
- 1/4 cup Margarine
- 1 1/4 cups Currants or currants and sultanas mixed
- 2 tablespoons Milk or enough to make stiff dough
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt then rub in lard and margarine.
- Add currants and milk to make dough stiff enough to roll 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut into thick rounds and bake on greased griddle or lightly greased electric pan set on low, until brown.
- Turn and cook on the other side.
- Split and spread with butter and jam.