Warm Asparagus Salad (#1083)
Salads Low Fat Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 small Onions cut in half and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar light, rice, apple cider, or white wine
- 1 cup Water hot
- 1 bunch Asparagus
- 3 tablespoons Vegetarian Chicken Broth, Non-Fat, Low-Sodium
- 7 1/2 oz Sweet Red Bell Peppers jar of roasted, drained and slivered or 2 medium red bell peppers sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Slice onion and place in a small bowl with vinegar and hot water while preparing rest of the ingredients.
- Heat 3 tablespoons broth over medium heat in a stainless steel skillet.
- While broth is heating, snap off the woody bottom of asparagus stems, then cut the spears into 2-inch lengths.
- Cutting them into short pieces of equal length ensures quick, even cooking.
- When broth begins to steam, add asparagus.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- The outside will be tender and the inside will be after about 10 minutes remove onion from hot water and squeeze dry.
- Mix together roasted peppers with marinated onion, asparagus, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Marinate for 4 to 5 minutes and serve warm.