Healthy Caesar Salad (#1082)
Nuts Salads Side Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy
Share This Recipe
- 2 large Romaine Lettuce outer leaves removed & discarded
- 1/4 cup Walnuts optional
For The Dressing
- 2 tablespoons Tahini (Sesame Paste) roasted
- 2 oz Anchovy Fillets drained of oil, rinsed and chopped
- 4 medium Garlic Cloves chopped
- 3 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Salt And Black Pepper to taste
- Rinse lettuce, cut into bite size pieces, and dry.
- Try to get lettuce as dry as possible so dressing is not diluted.
- If you have a salad spinner it is best.
- Blend dressing ingredients together for 1 to 2 minutes, drizzling the olive oil in at the end a little at a time.
- Toss romaine with desired amount of dressing and walnuts and chicken if desired.
- There will be dressing left over.
- It keeps very well in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.