Mocha-Almond Biscotti (#1075)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts
Share This Recipe
- 1/2 cup Almonds whole, unblanched
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 large Eggs large
- 2 Egg Whites large
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder unsweetened
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee powder
- 1 oz Chocolate Unsweetened unsweetened, melted
- 1/2 tsp Almond Extract
- Preheat oven to 325° f (160° c).
- Spread almonds on a baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Set aside.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs, egg whites and vanilla and add to the dry ingredients; mix just until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa, instant coffee and 4 teaspons of water.
- Divide the dough in half.
- To one half, add the cocoa mixture and melted chocolate.
- Mix just until incorporated.
- To the other half, stir in almond extract and the almonds.
- Place half of the almond dough on a well-floured work surface.
- Pat into a 4x8 inch rectangle.
- Top with half of the chocolate dough.
- Roll up into a cylinder then roll the cylinder back and forth to form a 14 inch log, 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Repeat with the remaining doughs.
- Place the logs on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
- Transfer the logs to a rack to cool.
- Reduce the oven temp to 300° f (150° c).
- Cut the logs diagonally into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Stand the slices upright on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Let cool before storing.
- Makes about 4 dozen biscotti.