Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Israeli Couscous (#1064)
Pastas Salads Any American Italian Dinner Lunch Entrée Main Side Dairy Grains Oils Diabetic Heart Healthy Low Calorie Low Carb Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Gluten Boil Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Shallots finely chopped
- 1 cup Couscous israeli
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 oz Tomatoes cherry halved or diced or more to taste
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese fresh, drained
- 1/4 cup Basil fresh, fine chiffonade
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Black Pepper to taste
- Heat a saucepan with the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shallot and cook for about 4 minutes, until just beginning to brown.
- Add the couscous and cook stirring, for about 4 minutes until aromatic and toasted.
- Add the water and salt, bring to the boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cooke for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until all the liquid is absorbed. The couscous should be tender but slightly chewy.
- Transfer to a bowl for serving. Stir in the remaining ingredients, adjust seasoning and serve.
- Excellent, warm, at room temperature and cold.