Moist Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins (Low Fat) (#1063)
Desserts Fruits Muffins Snacks Any American Dessert Snack Dessert Dairy Fruits Grains Oils Heart Healthy Low Calorie Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Eggs Gluten Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 6 tablespoons Canola Oil or light olive oil, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons Applesauce unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 4 large Eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz Sour Cream low fat, 1 cup
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 pint Blueberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350° f (180° c).
- Coat muffin pans with cooking spray, or greased with butter, or line with muffin papper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together canola oil, applesauce, butter and sugar until well blended, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs 1 at a time, then whisk in the vanilla, sour cream, and milk until well combined.
- In another large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the batter and mix with a wooden spoon until just incorporated and moistened.
- Gently fold in the blueberries and be sure the batter is completely mixed without any dry spot left.
- Divide the batter amont the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top, and bake for about 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a wooden stick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Transfer muffins onto the wire rack, serve warm or at room temperature.