Crispy Chocolate Wafers (#1059)
Chocolate Cookies Desserts Any American Dessert Snack Dessert Dairy Grains Oils Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Eggs Gluten Lactose Intolerant Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter softened, 1/2 stick
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar or sugar replacement
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract pure
- 1 large Egg
- 3/4 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Powdered Sugar for dusting
- Combine butter, sugars and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium speed until light; about 5 minutes, scraping bowl and beaters occasionally.
- Beat in the egg until smooth.
- While above ingredients are mixing; in separate bowl sift cocoa with flour and salt.
- Stop mixer, scrape down bowl and beaters.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Remove dough onto a plastic wrap, making sure dough is completely covered with plastic wrap.
- Gently press dough into a rough disk.
- Refrigerate dough until it is firm -- several hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange rack to the middle level of oven.
- Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper, set aside.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll one at a time into 6-inch squares.
- Cut the dough with a fluted or plain round cutter into nine 2-inch cookies and set them on the prepared pans.
- Continue with the remaining dough.
- After rolling all the dough, press the scraps back together and make about 10 more cookies.
- Pierce the cookies several times with a fork and sprinkle them lightly with icing sugar.
- Bake cookies about 20 minutes, until slightly puffed and firm.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack. Makes about 3 dozens cookies.