Thaval Adai - Breakfast Recipe (#1057)
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Rice
- 3/4 cup Channa Dal Can use Toover or Urad Dal
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Soak rice, channa dal, toovar dal, and urad dal in water for 1 hour.
- Wet grind the above coarsely with red chillies and salt.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan, and put jeera, pepper, hing, and curry leaves, and mix it with the batter.
- Spread a big spoon full of the above batter on a hot non-stick pan, and put 1 teaspoon of oil around it.
- Keep it to cook on this side for a few minutes, and then turn over to the other side, and put 1 teaspoon of oil around it.
- Wait until the adai turns brown.