Pear Almond Clafouti with Red Wine Glaze (#1056)
Desserts Fruits Juices Nuts Any American French Italian Dessert Dessert Dairy Fruits Grains Low Fat Vegetarian Dairy Gluten Nut Soy Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Pastry Flour Whole Wheat
- 1 1/2 cups Almond Meal
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Soy Milk
- 2/3 cup Juice fruit, concentrate
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Apple Juice Concentrate
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Pears cored, sliced lengthwise
- 2/3 cup Red Wine
- 1/3 cup Juice fruit, concentrate
- 3 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons Water
- Clafouti: Preheat oven to 375° f (190° c).
- Combine flour with 1 cup almond meal and baking powder in a bowl.
- Mix soy milk, fruit juice concentrate and vanilla and pour into flour mixture.
- Mix well and pat down into a 9" shallow greased cake or quiche pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup almond meal with 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate and lemon juice and spread over dough.
- Arrange pear slices on top in a spiral pattern.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Glaze: Combine wine and concentrate in a small pot and heat to a simmer.
- Dissolve arrowroot or cornstarch in an equal amount of water and whisk into wine.
- Cook until thickened. Brush over pears while still hot over. Serve hot or warm.