Lowfat Applesauce Banana Muffins (#1051)
Muffins Any American Breakfast Snack Dessert Dairy Fruits Grains Oils Heart Healthy Low Fat Vegetarian Healthy Dairy Eggs Gluten Milk Wheat Bake Not Spicy
Share This Recipe
- 2 cups Bran or oats
- 1 cup Soy Milk or rice milk, or coconut milk
- 1 Bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup Applesauce unsweetened
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1/4 cup Raspberry Jam or any jam
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Seedless Raisins
- 1 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour or half whole wheat and half white flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine oats and milk, and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and add to oat-milk mixture. Stir until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, mix together mashed bananas, applesauce, molasses, raspberry jam, and brown sugar.
- Add banana mixture to oats mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in raisins.
- Pour into greased muffin tins, bake at 400° f (200° c) for 20 minutes, until top becomes golden-brown, and a wooden tooth pick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan on wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or remove from pan and allow to cool completely on wire rack.